Following our Superfoods article last week, here is the first of some of our favourite Superfood Combo Recipes.
1. Peel and cut the Sweet Potato into 1 cm cubes and steam until soft.
2. In a frying pan, add the oil and lightly fry the Turkey until crumbly
3. Add the baby spinach and sauté until wilted
4. Add the cooked potato and around 6 tbsps of steaming water. Simmer together for a few minutes
5. Purée with a stick or blender, adding more steaming water until it is smooth
6. Cool and pour into to the Tutti Bimbi Freezer Tray to store
This recipe combines 3 superfoods: Spinach, Sweet Potatoes and Turkey. Spinach is rich in antioxidants and high in iron and folate. Sweet potatoes are packed with vitamins B, C, and E as well as calcium, potassium, and iron. Turkey is a very good source of immune-supportive selenium and heart-healthy niacin and vitamin B6. These three items go together well not only as they are packed with vitamins and minerals but also because the sweet taste of the Potato balances the more bitter taste of Spinach.Superfoods: Spinach, Sweet Potato and Turkey