Another favourite Superfood Combo Recipe.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup formula or breast milk, extra
- 1 whole banana
- handful of blueberries
1. Combine oats and 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup formula or breast milk
2. Simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Mash the banana and blueberries and combine with the oatmeal mixture
4. If needed, puree with a stick or blender
5. Cool, then spoon into the Tutti Bimbi Baby Food Freezer Tray and store
Oats are high in fiber, calcium, protein and even some B vitamins. Blueberries are high in antioxidants and they also contain fiber, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Blueberries are also thought be cholesterol reducers. Bananas are often called one of nature's perfect foods because they are said to contain many of the nutrients that a person needs to survive. One of the most important nutritional components of Bananas is that they contain potassium and fiber. Bananas are also high in Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and Vitamin B2.