Let your baby join in with the celebrations with their own special recipe!
- 1 small pumpkin or half a medium-sized pumpkin
- a few tablespoons of breast or formula milk
1. De seed the pumpkin and cut into big chunks
2. Place the chunks of pumpkin soft-side down in a large baking dish filled with 1-2 inches of water
3. Bake for about 1 hour at 400 degrees F
4. Check it is nice and soft, then scoop out with a spoon and mash with a fork or puree with a blender.
5. Add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
6. Add a little breast or formula milk to achieve the consistency your baby prefers.
7. Spoon into the Tutti Bimbi Baby Food Freezer Tray and store
Pumpkins very nutritious, particularly with Vitamin A and beta carotene. Beta Carotene is one of the plant carotenoids that when eaten and digested, turns into Vitamin A in the human body. Beta Carotene may reduce the risk of cancer as well as heart disease. It also may be responsible for combating or putting off the degenerative effects of ageing.
Pumpkins are also good sources of potassium, protein, and iron. Pumpkins are also low in fat, low in calories but high in fiber.