One of the best uses for the Tutti Bimbi Tray is to make little portions of tasty stock to add into soups and stews for extra flavour and goodness.
8 cups of bones
1/4 cup vinegar
4 cups of chopped vegetables - onions, leeks, peeled carrots, celery, peeled turnips and parsley
4 quarts of cold filtered water
1. Add the bones, vegetables and water to a slow cooker or large covered pot on a low heat.
2. Cook for 12 to 24 hours, checking the ingredients are always covered with water.
3. Remove the bones and vegetables with a slotted spoon and strain the remaining liquid through a sieve, collecting the liquid.
4. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate until the fat rises to the top.
5. If desired, skim off the fat and spoon into the Tutti Bimbi Tray and freeze.
The nutritional benefits of bone stock are endless. It is a large source of minerals, like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium, in forms that your body can easily absorb. It also contains chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, the compounds sold as supplements to reduce inflammation, arthritis, and joint pain. Not to mention collagen, which is abundant in bone, marrow, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments.