Another recipe from Kat's Delicious Kitchen
Normally you wouldn’t put health and muffins in the same sentence, but, in reality, there are so many ways to pack goodness into muffins whilst still making them totally scrummy for your littleones. A guaranteed win!
Spinach, zucchini and feta are match made in heaven and are wonderful together in savoury muffins or in other baking. They are at their best straight out of the oven! I literally munched 4 muffins one after another! LOL If you’re not a feta fan, swap with some grated mature cheddar/gouda instead.
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp of flaxseed oil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 semi-skimmed milk
- 100 gr feta
- sprinkle of salt
1. Grate the zucchini and place zucchini in a sieve and lightly sprinkle with salt. Toss to combine and let drain 30 mins. Squeeze out the water of the zucchini and chopped the spinach.
2.Preheat oven to 160C and oil the muffin tin or silicon muffins forms / tray. I have used Tutti Bimbi weaning silicion tray and 4 silicon muffin forms and they came out fanstastic!
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and garlic powder. Lightly beat the eggs first then add it to the flour mixture together with oil, milk and feta. Give it a stir. Lastly add zucchini & spinach and give it one last stir.
4. Fill prepared muffin cups to about 3/4 full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Test for doneness with a tooth pick. If it comes out non sticky then the are done. Remove and let cool 10 minutes in pan, then flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely.